What is the College Tour?
The College Tour takes a group of high school age kids who are currently in foster care to see three different kinds of colleges – private 4-year, public 4-year, and community college.
Most foster kids are so accustomed to struggle and limitations that they don’t even know that these exist. We want to help them see what is possible if they aspire to something more. We feel that the first step is to familiarize them and take the intimidation and mystery out of college.
What We Provide
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Informational handouts and supplies
- Pre-tour orientation meeting
- We make all the appointments at the various schools so that the day is as inclusive and informative as possible.
- Assistance with the college application process
Feedback from 2015 Participants
“It was an amazing experience. Thank you for letting me come and enjoy this
“I liked seeing the different schools and learning about things I might like to study.”